Construction on the Chinook Power Station site began in January 2017 with work scheduled for completion in October 2019. View our slideshow to see how the project is progressing.
- May 2018 – The final pipe rack modules constructed at SaskArc travel from Oxbow, SK and are installed onsite. Thank you to the transport company, many municipalities and government agencies for their assistance in getting these modules to site.
- April 2018 – Water line construction completed by Highway One. Structural steel installation and pipe welding continue.
- March 2018 – Air Cooled Condenser fan module erection begins. The Generator Step-Up Transformers are dressed for operation.
- February 2018 – Steam Turbine and Generator arrive to site and are placed on the foundation. Structural Steel and Heat Recovery Steam Generator welding continues.
- January 2018 – Gas Turbine arrives to site and building structural steel work continues.
- December 2017 – Building structural steel work continues. Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) welding begins.
- November 2017 – Gas Turbine Generator arrived on site while tube bundle installations continue and siding work begins on the generator building.
- October 2017 – Structural steel work continues on the Gas Turbine building while tube bundles for the Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) start to arrive on site.
- September 2017 – Structural steel work on the Gas Turbine building and the Administration building started this month. Erection of the Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) continues.
- August 2017 – PCL erects the first Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) casing. Allan Construction continues work on major equipment foundations. Hipperson completes the administration building foundation.
- July 2017 – Powerhouse piling is complete. Foundation and underground work continues. AGI Envirotank is preparing to install the roof of the field fabricated Service Water Tank.
- June 2017 – Foundation pouring continues while underground infrastructure installations begin.
- May 2017 – First foundations are poured. Tron provides site cleaning and maintenance services. Piling work is 75-per-cent complete.
- April 2017 – Allan Construction kicks off foundation and underground service work with support from Peak Mechanical and Harris Rebar. Onsite medical and security services are organized by Whitecap Haztech. Piling work is 50-per-cent complete.
- March 2017 – Construction power activities begin; DFI starts driving piles and Wheatland Machine begins cap installations.
- February 2017 – Clearing and grubbing activities completed.
- January 2017 – Construction starts; Allan Construction begins clearing and grubbing activities.
Check out the progress:
This page makes me feel: