Our Shand Greenhouse grows approximately 500,000 trees, shrubs and native plants a year through waste heat generated by Shand Power Station.
Be Aware of the Dangers Before You Plant Trees
Trees coming into contact with power lines is not only dangerous, but it can lead to unplanned power outages. Learn more about the dangers before you plant trees.
Why Plant Seedlings?
Planting, protecting and maintaining trees and shrubs can help us to:
- Sequester CO2
- Enhance the appearance of a particular area
- Improve wildlife habitat by providing shelter and food
- Reduce soil and wind erosion
- Reclaim marginal or disturbed tracts of land
Who is Eligible?
All shelterbelt, wildlife habitat and reclamation projects that will be planted on land holdings no less than 4.04 ha (10 acres) are eligible, provided:
- Seedlings are not for profit or gain
- Seedlings are not intended for yard or commercial landscaping purposes
- Projects are environmentally sound
Review our eligibility requirements for full details.
Apply for Seedlings
You can apply for free seedlings online: