Interested in driving your career forward? The EIT Development Program at SaskPower might be the unique opportunity you’re looking for!
Through this 4-year program, you’ll gain valuable technical and leadership skills in some of our key areas: Power Production, Transmission, Distribution, Engineering Design & Asset Management, Environment, IT&S and Safety.
Working in each of these areas will provide you with the experience you’ll need to grow into a Professional Engineer.
Sounds exciting? Here's what you'll need to qualify:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering (specializing in Electronic Systems Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Industrial Systems Engineering, Software Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering).
- You must be willing to relocate to various locations within Saskatchewan during the program, possibly up to 2 times.
- You must have a keen interest in developing your technical skills and your leadership skills.
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan.
What will I learn in the program?
As a successful Engineer-in-Training (EIT), you’ll get the opportunity to learn while you transition from your educational environment to a hands-on, practical working environment.
- As an EIT, you'll have the opportunity to learn what engineers do on location.
- You’ll experience how an engineer works at power plants, construction sites, and learn how each of the business units operate and are linked together.
- You’ll learn how engineering can impact public and employee safety.
- You’ll gain an understanding of other areas of the company such as Finance, Human Resources, Customer Services and more.
- You’ll open up new doors. We have engineers in many other areas such as Information Technology, Property Management, and Fleet Services, among others.
- As an engineer, you can pursue a career as a technical expert or take on a leadership role.
- Customer interaction and customer service
- Supervisory skills
- Self awareness
- Goal setting
- Labour relations basics
- Time management
- Oral and written communication
- EITs will have one-on-one interaction with senior civil, mechanical and electrical engineers.
- This gives you the opportunity to learn, ask questions and get help with your development plans.
- You’ll be asked to work and learn at various locations throughout Saskatchewan.
- This will give you a full understanding and appreciation of SaskPower as a company that serves all the people of Saskatchewan.
What other benefits do I get in the EIT program?
EIT salary range -- $60,000-$99,380
Professional Engineer range -- $80,000-$149,071
Senior Professional Engineer range -- $80,000-$165,633
- Reasonable re-location costs will be reimbursed to cover a physical move up to $6,000.
- EITs will have the opportunity to develop connections in the engineering community and determine their area of interest.
- You’ll also have access to a number of our senior directors and managers, many of whom began as EITs at SaskPower and grew their careers by working on different teams and projects.
|Development Pillars||Experience in:|
|1. Field - Power Production
| 2. Field - Transmission/Distribution
| Grid Control Center
Transmission Operations & Maintenance
| 3. Design Phase
Transmission Engineering & Power Production Engineering
|4. Asset Management||
System Planning & Asset Management, Distribution Asset Management & Asset Management Generation
How do I apply?
If you’ve graduated from an accredited post-secondary institution, you can apply through our website under the Jobs at SaskPower section.