Location: Morse, SK
Fuel source: Wind
Net capacity: 23 MW
- Owned by Algonquin Power Co.
- The project includes 10 wind turbines, which each generate 2.3 MW of power.
- Each turbine tower is 79.5 meters high.
- The rotors are 113 meters in diameter.
- The turbine blades are 55 meters long.
The clean electricity created is then sent to a transmission line connected to the provincial grid, supplying electricity to homes and businesses.
Among other factors to consider, wind turbines are erected in areas of consistent wind and with consideration of existing transmission lines to transport the electricity to where it is needed.
Turbines usually operate with wind speeds between 15 and 90 kilometres per hour. They cease operating when temperatures fall below -30°C.