We support educational programs that encourage behaviour change and share our interest in building a bright, future Saskatchewan. We've aligned our funding criteria with our strategic priorities and look to partner with organizations that are focused on educational programming and will help us build our next generation of employees, keep customers safe around electricity, and help everyone find ways to save power and protect our environment.
Step 1: Determine If Your Educational Program Fits Within Our Funding Pillars
We have three pillars that are aligned with our strategic objectives and values. We give preference to educational programs that support youth and Aboriginals, and provide broad provincial representation.
Building a strong workforce
Educational programs that create opportunities for youth and help us build our next generation of employees.
Creating a culture of power safety
Educational programs that help us educate about safety around electricity.
Creating a culture of conservation and efficiency
Educational programs that help us create a community focused on saving power and protecting our environment.
Step 2: Consider the Questions We Ask When Evaluating Your Application
We evaluate every application we receive based on our funding criteria.
- My organization will use contributions to support educational programming;
- My organization’s educational program aligns to one of SaskPower’s pillars;
- My organization will use contributions for non-profit endeavours;
- I can demonstrate how the contribution will enhance my program; and
- I can demonstrate the number of people my program will impact.
- My organization is Saskatchewan-based;
- is a non-profit and/or registered Canadian charity;
- has a tax-registered number or non-profit society number;
- is not affiliated with political organizations and political parties;
- is not an advocacy group;
- provides services and activities without regard to race, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, or other contentious beliefs;
- provides services and activities without promoting religious or other contentious beliefs;
- will not rely upon SaskPower to be the sole funder of its operations;
- is not seeking an investment for a capital project;
- does not use financial donations for travel, accommodation, meal expenses, field trips or tours; and
- has financial stability, good management and enough employees or volunteers to effectively deliver the proposed program.
Step 3: Apply for Support
Are you confident that your organization or initiative meets our eligibility requirements and is a good match with our values? If so, use our online application to apply. We reserve the right to request a criminal record check on individuals associated with organizations requesting support.
Before you start
We know that you’re busy. If you haven’t already reviewed the eligibility criteria, please do so before applying.
Complete the online application. It takes approximately 10 to 30 minutes to complete.
Once you've submitted your application, you'll get an email confirming we've received it. We’ll review your application and let you know if we can provide the support you requested. Please allow four to six weeks for your application to be processed. If you require further support or have questions about the application process, please contact us.