Where: South of Assiniboia, SK
Fuel source: Wind
Power Capacity: 200 megawatts (MW)
Facts about the Golden South Wind Facility
- Potentia Renewables owns and manages the facility, selling us the power it produces.
- This is the province’s largest wind generation facility to date.
- The facility:
- includes 50 wind turbines
- can generate enough power for up to 100,000 homes
- To lower environmental impacts from the construction of wind farms — like birds and bats flying close by — we ensure the facility is built in an area with fewer migration paths and less vegetation.
- Over the 25-year life of the facility, it will add an estimated $45 million back into the local community.