Where: Meadow Lake, SK
Fuel Source: Sawmill waste
Power Capacity: 8 megawatts (MW)
Facts about the MLTC Bioenergy Centre
- Meadow Lake Tribal Council (MLTC) owns and manages the site, selling us the power produced.
- This is the province’s largest biomass power facility.
- The facility:
- can generate enough power for about 7,000 homes.
- produces power by burning wood waste from a nearby sawmill.
- Nine Saskatchewan First Nations benefit from this facility, which supports child, youth, family, education and health programs and services.