President and Chief Executive Officer
On April 3, 2015, Mike Marsh became President and Chief Executive Officer of SaskPower.
After joining the company in 1991, Mr. Marsh worked as an engineering supervisor. After 10 years, he joined SaskPower's Corporate and Financial Services leadership team. He became Vice-President of Transmission and Distribution.
In 2007, he became Vice-President of Transmission and Distribution. Then in 2012, he became Vice-President of Operations and Chief Operations Officer.
Mr. Marsh holds a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering. He received it from the University of Saskatchewan. At Queen's School of Business, he earned a Master's Degree in business administration.
He's a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan. Mr. Marsh is a current Board Member for the Canadian Electricity Association (CEA). In 2017, he joined the Board of Directors for the Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service (STARS).
Past Positions and Awards
- Chair of the Transmission Council and Distribution Council
- Occupational Health and Safety Task Group
- Past President of Canadian Progress Club – Regina Centre Chapter
- 2016 Industry Leader of the Year Award from Electricity Human Resources Canada
- University of Saskatchewan's 42nd C.J. Mackenzie Distinguished Lecturer (2018)
- University of Saskatchewan's Alumni Wall of Distinction