1. How do I know that my information will be kept secure?
We respect the rights and privacy of personal information that our customers provide to us. We have policies, processes and guidelines in place to help protect your personal information. We follow all federal legislation related to keeping our data secure and have established controls to defend our online assets from attack, damage or unauthorized use.
2. I have more than one name on my account – what name do I enter?
If you’re setting up a new MySaskPower account, use the first name on your power bill. Make sure you type your name exactly how it is on your bill. This includes spaces and commas. Our system can only accept 25 characters in the name field. Meaning you'll only be able to enter the first name on your bill.
3. What are the password requirements for my online account?
Your password must have:
- 8-16 characters
- upper and lowercase letter
- at least one number
- one or more symbols (except < >)
For your security, we recommend you change your password regularly.
4. I’m signing up and my verification code isn't working.
Make sure you keep the registration window open while you get the verification code we emailed you. If you close the browser the code will be invalid.
If you enter it incorrectly you’ll receive an invalid code message and will be asked to re-enter the code. You can reuse the same code for up to 20 minutes from when the email was sent without asking for a new code.
5. I’m signing up and I need a new verification code.
If your code isn’t working, you’ll need to request a new code. Click on the ‘send new code’ button and enter the new code.
6. Why are the Primary Details needed?
The primary details allow us to give you a personalized experience that’s tailored just for you.
7. Do I need a MySaskPower account to get notifications?
No! You can add your mobile number to your profile to get updates on outages, service requests and profile changes.
8. Can more than one person have access to the same account online?
Yes! You can have more than one profile for your MySaskPower account. You can register for a second profile the same way you created the first one.
9. What’s the best internet browser to use?
Make sure your browser is up to date. Using the newest version of any browser will give you the best experience.
10. Why am I being charged a fee to use my credit card?
We wanted to avoid passing the cost of credit card payments to all customers. That's why those choosing to pay by credit card are being charged a 1.40% fee.
This fee is charged by the third party for the service provided, not by SaskPower.
11. Why is the ‘Power Use’ menu on some of my accounts but not others?
This option is only available to accounts with AMI meters (smart meters).
12. Why hasn’t my Service Request status changed?
Please note that the time required to complete your service request will depend upon the service you’ve requested.
After submitting your request, you’ll see three types of status notifications:
- ‘Status Submitted’ is the first one. We’ll need three business days to process your request.
- ‘Status in Progress’ is the next stage and requires the most steps – and time – to complete. It can include: design, physical site checks, material ordering, obtaining third party permits, and construction preparations.
- ‘Status Duplicate/Cancelled/Completed’ is the final one and indicates that SaskPower’s work is complete. If you have further concerns/questions on your service request
s, please call us at 1-888-757-6937.
13. Why does my notification have a status of “waiting for customer”? I’ve already submitted the information needed.
We may need additional information from you about your service request. If that is the case, you will have received an email from us, requesting this information. Please double-check that you’ve returned all requested documentation. If all required information has been submitted, please call us at 1-888-757-6937.