Vice-President, Transmission and Distribution
Shawn Schmidt became Vice-President, Transmission and Distribution in 2023. He had served as Vice-President, Distribution and Customer Services since 2018.
Mr. Schmidt has spent 35 years in the utility, mining and consulting industries. He joined SaskPower in 2001 in Customer Services Key Accounts. He then became Engineering Supervisor, followed by Regional Manager in Distribution Operations. Mr. Schmidt also served as Director, Transmission Operations and Maintenance for eight years.
He has a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Saskatchewan. In 2018, he co-authored a paper for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers: Flashover Performance of Live-Line Tools in High Voltage Environments. He is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan.
Board and Volunteer Positions
- Chair, Distribution Council, Electricity Canada (formerly Canadian Electricity Association)
- Member, Transmission Council, Electricity Canada
- Member, Executive Operations Board Committee, Western Energy Institute
- SaskPower representative, Transmission Distribution Maintenance Management Association
- Member, Saskatchewan Electric Reliability Authority