Add up to 10 locations with just a few taps:
- Tap the "Outage Updates" icon
- Tap "+ Add areas" at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the "locate me" arrow in the top right hand corner or search for an address to pinpoint a location.
- Tap the “+” in the white bubble to confirm the area you are adding
- Tap "Add" in the menu to add the address and area
You will receive outage alerts for all outages that affect your selected area(s). Your own home may or may not be affected.
Our outage system allows us to pinpoint the area that is affected by an outage. We are unable to identify if a particular home is affected unless you call us to tell us your power is out.
There could be a few reasons for this.
- Our operators are diagnosing the problem. Wait 5-10 minutes to see if you receive an alert - it can take our operators a few minutes to diagnose the problem and ensure we are sending accurate information to our customers.
- Your alerts may be turned off. Check your notification settings to ensure notifications are turned on in general and for the SaskPower app specifically.
- Your home may not get power from the same source as the rest of your neighbourhood. Try adding the areas on the map that border yours and see if you get outage alerts. If you're having this problem we would love to hear more from you at SaskPower_Customer_Services@saskpower.com
Our app is supported by Apple Maps (iPhone) and Google Maps (Android). Unfortunately, these map services do not support land locations, but do support GPS coordinates. If you would like to convert your land location to GPS coordinates you can do so at sites like:
Add the SaskPower App widget to you home screen in a few simple steps:
- Touch and hold on any empty space on the home screen.
- Tap on “Widgets” (at the bottom).
- Scroll down until you see the widget.
- Touch and hold the widget and drag it to your home screen.
- Life your finger. You will notice that the widget has been added.
You will now see badges appear on the SaskPower App.
Outage notifications only remain in the App for 24 hours after resolution. The badge on your app remains until the next time you access the app.
You can submit your monthly meter read one of two ways: by logging into your online account through the app, or by using the app’s online form. To submit using the online form, you will need to provide us with your 12-digit account number, your meter number and your read.
Can’t find the answer to your question? Contact us at SaskPower_Customer_Services@saskpower.com