Operating for more than 50 years, the power line is at the end of its life. Rebuilding it will ensure reliable power for customers in the area for years to come.
Why We’re Doing It
Operating for more than 50 years, the power line is at the end of its life. Rebuilding will ensure reliable power for customers in the area for years to come.
Our Progress So Far
Our plan is to complete this project in 2 sections:
- Section 1: Glaslyn to Belbutte
- For this section of the project, we’ll rebuild the new power line beside the existing one.
- This is done beside the existing right-of-way, meaning we’ll work with landowners to expand the easements.
- Once built and energized, we’ll salvage the existing line.
- We expect construction will start in late 2022 and be completed in 2023.
- Section 2: Belbutte to Spiritwood
- We’ve selected a preferred route for the power line. We need to re-route this section of power line, as we’re unable to expand the existing right-of-way.
- We used feedback and information we gathered during the consultation process to determine the preferred route.
- We expect construction will start in the summer of 2023 and be completed in 2024.
Minimizing the Impact to You
To avoid power disruptions, the existing power line from Glaslyn to Spiritwood will remain in service until we complete the rebuild.
Respecting the Local Environment
We recognize that what we do today impacts our future. During every phase of projects that involve the construction, operation and/or maintenance of power lines, we follow our Environmental Beneficial Management Practices. And as with any project, we work hard to reduce our impact and protect the environment.
Keeping You Informed
For more information about this project: