These resources provide teachers with the most up-to-date information on electricity in Saskatchewan. As the industry is constantly evolving and regulations and innovations influence new directions, it’s important that teachers have the most current information to share with students. These lessons were developed and tested by Saskatchewan teachers.
If there is ever a discrepancy between these resources and the SaskPower website, please defer to the website.
The PDFs will be reviewed and updated every August. Some PDFs need to be downloaded to fill the forms.
Full Resource Package:
Grade 6 Teacher Resource (PDF)
- Section 1-Electricity Comes to Saskatchewan (History) (PDF)
- Section 2- Renewable and Non-Renewable Resources (PDF)
- Section 3-Powering Saskatchewan (How Power Gets to Me) (PDF)
- Section 4- Conserving Electricity (PDF)
- Section 5- Safety Around Electricity (PDF)
- Section 6- Careers with Electricity (PDF)
- Expectations Checklist (PDF - download to fill forms)
- T-Rubric Assessment (PDF - download to fill forms)
- How Power Gets to You (Infographic for Teacher Resource) (PDF)
- SaskPower History by Decade (PDF)
- Glossary of Terms (PDF)
- References-Assessments-Glossary-Activities (PDF)