Installing and exchanging meters is one of the most common things we do. The process only takes around 15-20 minutes.
Our qualified electrical worker will:
- Knock on your door to let you know he or she has arrived
- Do a quick visual check of your meter to check for any potential issues before getting started
- Cut seal remove meter ring
- Remove old meter, this will result in power outage
- Inspect meter socket, conductors, connections and test meter socket jaws
- Install new meter, power will come back on
- Install meter ring and seal
- Verify meter is working
- Let you know work is complete and answer any questions
Before We Arrive
We’ll send you a you a courtesy email to let you know when we’re ready to install your smart meter.
- Please make sure we have a clear path to your meter. If your meter hasn’t been read in the last 2 months, we’ll also visit to do an in-person read before your smart meter is installed.
To safely replace your meter, we’ll need to turn off the power for about 15 minutes. Most of our installations take place Monday to Friday between 8 am and 4:30 pm.
If this outage is inconvenient for you please call us at 1-855-877-0975 to schedule an appointment.
After We Install Your Smart Meter
We'll leave a door hanger behind with some helpful information and send a follow up email to confirm your meter has been installed successfully.
There will be a delay before your smart meter is able to ‘talk’ to our system and you can view your information online. We can’t provide an exact date for this to happen yet, but we'll update you as soon as we can. Please submit monthly reads in the meantime. Commercial and industrial smart meters are not affected by this.