On average, lighting accounts for nearly 40 per cent of a business’s electricity use.
Things you can do to reduce your electricity use:
- Replace your incandescent bulbs with ENERGY STAR qualified LED lights.
- Turn off any lights that are unnecessary during work hours. Turn off all lights after hours.
- Install automatic lighting controls to ensure that the lights are off when not in use.
- Use task or focused lighting instead of overhead lighting; light only areas that are needed at the time.
- Increase the output of your lights by regularly removing grease, dust and other dirt from bulbs, fixtures, lenses, lamps and reflective surfaces.
- Replace incandescent exit lights with ENERGY STAR qualified LED exit lights.
This page makes me feel: