Reading your meter is a safe and convenient way to keep your bill accurate. It will help to minimize the number of visits we have to make to your home.
Submit Your Meter Readings
There are 5 ways you can submit your meter reading:
Our Online Form
Your MySaskPower Account
Start or Stop Meter Reading
The SaskPower App
Why Submit Your Meter Readings?
- Keep your bills accurate
- Pay for the power you actually use
- Learn more about your power use
When Should I Read My Meter?
You can submit a meter read at any time to help us better estimate your power use.
Six days before your billing date is the best time to read your meter. You have until 5 pm on your billing date to submit your reading.
You can sign up for read window reminders through your MySaskPower account.
Learn more about when SaskPower reads your meter
We do our best to read meters on schedule. But this may not always happen.
Submit your meter reads to keep your bills as accurate as possible. We try to read meters:
- In cities and towns: Every third month
- In rural areas and acreages: Once a year
- In resort areas: Once a year
- In communities where the population is less than 500: Once a year
How to Read Your Meter
If you get a meter read card in your mailbox, you should read your meter and submit it to us.
The image below is an example of a meter. The SP number represents your meter number.
- Record the exact position of each dial on the card. If the dial is between two numbers, use the lower number. For example, the meter above reads 79314.
- Submit your meter reading using the information you recorded on the card.
Please note: you may be asked to submit a photo to validate your meter read to ensure accurate billing.
Printable meter reading cards
- 4-dial Meter Read Card
- 4-digit Meter Read Card
- 5-dial Meter Read Card
- 5-digit Meter Read Card
- 6-digit Meter Read Card
We read most meters every three months. If we can’t get to the meter, we’ll ask you to read it and submit your results.
Keep the Path to Your Meter Clear
Save yourself time. Let us read your meter!
Keeping the way clear isn't just about getting a read on your meter. It's also a matter of safety.
Ways to keep the path clear
- Leash your dog up or put it behind closed doors if the meter reader’s inside the house.
- Clear the way around your power and gas meters:
- Clear ice and snow away from: